the funny thing is...peaches make me feel funny

Saturday 20 March 2010

Double Denim

This week I tried it. Over Mother's Day Weekend while back home (in a sophisticated house where papers are actually delivered daily)I was reading various style sections and came to the best news of the weekend, that double denim is do-able without looking like a desperate nineties charater or 'arse-man'(a local mancunian celebrity, recognised only by the double denim, eyeliner and endless bum-poking-out-swagger up and down market street. Sadly I hear he moved back to Greece two years ago, and, I suspect, will never read this).

What joy! Nay, not one month ago I had stumbled upon a fab denim jacket and have had that dubious fear of pairing it with any other denim item. On wednesday night, having played it tragically safe in the dress department, I made a decision...Thursday night would be the night, safe at a book launch with a good mix of arty types who mix anything and those who actually don't look below the glasses to the clothing.

So the look was formed, charcoal jeans, salmon (although i will ever loathe calling an exquistite top salmon) silk top and DENIM JACKET. Daring I know, but there it is. And it worked!

Until Host foiled my plan and had apparently forseen a possible fashion disaster, turned up the heat and I had to take the jacket off.... leaving me again, in a tragically safe outfit. DARN YOU!

But the attempt was there, and it will be made again, maybe while i ride a trike.

1 comment:

  1. Double denim is cool again??? I will never be able to muster up the amount of courage to try it out.

    Well done, fashionista! Try the outfit again!

    ReplyDelete